Electrical issues spark fire


CLEARCREEK TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – A family rushes to safety after an early morning fire sparked in their home.

The fire sparked in a home in the 500 block of Royal Springs Drive just after 7:30 a.m. Sunday.

According to fire officials, the homeowner had some electrical problems. Duke Energy was called, but before crews arrived, the homeowner turned on the power causing the fire.

Everyone, including pets, made it out of the home safely.

Various fire departments were called in due to the cold weather.

Damage estimate is unknown.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s