Unattended cooking blamed for house fire

WDTN Photo
WDTN Photo

HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WDTN) – Huber Heights firefighters told 2 NEWS unattended cooking is to blame for causing smoke damage at a house.

Investigators said the homeowner in the 7100 block of Lunceford Drive was cooking on the stove just before midnight Sunday when he left the kitchen.

That’s when investigators said a grease fire ignited.

Fortunately, firefighters said all the damage was contained to the kitchen.

The homeowner is staying somewhere else until repairs can be made.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s