DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A mother pulled her three-year-old daughter from a burning Dayton apartment.
The fire sparked in a bedroom in the 1200 block of South Huffman Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
When crews arrived, smoke was billowing from the second floor of the apartment.
According to officials, the three-year-old was in the bedroom at the time the fire broke out. The mother grabbed the child and made it out of the home safely. No one was hurt.
Investigators are looking into whether a scented candle that was burning at the time might have caused the fire to spark.
No word on damage estimates.