Family smoked out by chimney fire

washington twp chimney fire
irefighters were called out in Washington Township after a family awoke to smoke in their home, April 8, 2014. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)

WASHINGTON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) –  Firefighters were called out in Washington Township after a family awoke to smoke in their home Tuesday morning.

The fire was in the chimney of the house on South Park Lane.

After trying to put it out themselves, they called for help and got out of the house OK.

The chimney was damaged, plus smoke and water damage throughout the house estimated at $15,000.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus