2 students overcome by carbon monoxide


DARKE CO., Ohio (WDTN) – Two Darke County high school students are recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide.

Investigators say the boy and girl were sitting in a car in the parking lot when one passed out. The other managed to call a parent before losing consciousness.

One of the teens was treated at the scene. The other was hospitalized.

Investigators suspect a faulty exhaust system is to blame.

We’re working for you with tips from the CDC on how to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning:

Have a mechanic inspect your car’s exhaust system every year.

Never run your vehicle in an enclosed space.

Always have good ventilation.

If you have a truck and drive with the tailgate down, make sure you open the windows in the cab. An open tailgate will pull carbon monoxide into the truck.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus