Dog dies in Dayton house fire

House fire on Woodpine Court in Dayton. (WDTN Photo/Josh Ames)
House fire on Woodpine Court in Dayton. (WDTN Photo/Josh Ames)

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A Dayton homeowner says it only took a minute for his house to catch fire.

Firefighters responded to the home on Woodpine Court just before 9:00 p.m.

The resident said he was cooking on the stove when he stepped outside to get his dog.

He returned to find the grease exploded and a fire burning.

No one was hurt, but the dog did not survive.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s