LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – The Kentucky Derby field has been reduced to 19 horses after the owners of Pablo Del Monte decided to pass on the race.
Trainer Wesley Ward said Friday the owners will wait to run in the Preakness on May 17. Ward bred and owns a 25 percent share of the colt.
Pablo Del Monte joined the field after Hoppertunity was scratched Thursday because of minor foot injury.
Pablo Del Monte would have had to start from the far outside post in a field of 20. He was listed at 50-1 on the morning line and was to be ridden by Jeffrey Sanchez.
The No. 1 spot in the starting gate Saturday will be empty and the 19 horses will use posts 2 through 20.
The field for Saturday’s 140th Kentucky Derby, with post position, horse’s name, jockey’s name and odds as of Friday at 10:00 p.m.:
2. Vicar’s in Trouble Rosie Napravnik 20-1
3. Harry’s Holiday Corey Lanerie 50-1
4. Uncle Sigh Irad Ortiz Jr. 30-1
5. Danza Joe Bravo 8-1
6. California Chrome Victor Espinoza 5-2
7. Samraat Jose Ortiz 15-1
8. We Miss Artie Javier Castellano 50-1
9. General a Rod Joel Rosario 15-1
10. Vinceremos Joe Rococo Jr. 30-1
11. Wildcat Red Luiz Saez 15-1
12. Dance With Fate Corey Nakatani 20-1
13. Chitu Martin Garcia 20-1
14. Medal Count Robby Albarado 20-1
15. Tapiture Ricardo Santana Jr. 12-1
16. Intense Holiday John Velazquez 8-1
17. Commanding Curve Shaun Bridgmohan 50-1
18. Candy Boy Gary Stevens 15-1
19. Ride On Curlin Calvin Borel 15-1
20. Wicked Strong Rajiv Maragh 6-1