Grease blamed for fire in Butler Township

WDTN Photo/Chris Smith
WDTN Photo/Chris Smith

BUTLER TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) — Grease is being blamed for a fire that sparked in a Butler Township home.

Firefighters were called to the 10000 block of Frederick Pike around 11 a.m. Sunday.

According to officials, the flames started with some grease on the kitchen stove while the homeowner was outside gardening. When the homeowner came back inside and realized the fire had sparked, she ran out of the house and called 911.

Fire damage was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the home suffered smoke damage.

The fire has forced the family out of the home for the time being. They will stay with relatives or the Red Cross will step in to help.

No word on damage estimates. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus