Residential Center evacuated when fire sparks

WDTN Photo/Chris Smith
WDTN Photo/Chris Smith

TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) — About three dozen residents were evacuated from a Trotwood elderly residential care facility when a fire broke out Sunday morning.

It happened at the Echoing Woods Residential Center at 5455 Salem Bend Drive around 9 a.m.

According to fire officials, the fire sparked in a dryer in an industrial laundry room. Sprinklers were able to keep the fire at bay until firefighters arrived to put out the flames and smoke.

Staff worked to get all of the residents out safely before firefighters arrived on scene.

Clayton Fire Department was also called in for mutual aid.

The building suffered some smoke damage, but no residents were displaced from the fire. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus