Little boy gets family out of home when flames spark

WDTN Photo/Jake Ryle
WDTN Photo/Jake Ryle

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) — A young boy is credited with saving his family after flames and smoke broke out in their Springfield home.

The fire sparked in a two-story house around 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Seever Street.

A young girl and the boy’s grandmother were inside when the fire sparked, but fire officials said the boy got everyone out of the home safely when he spotted the fire.

Officials believe the fire may have started when the girl was playing with matches.

Flames started in an upstairs bedroom and spread to the attic.

No injuries were reported.

No word on damage estimates, but officials said the top floor was going to have to be gutted. The downstairs was still livable.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus