West Carrollton fire started in kitchen

(WDTN Photo)
(WDTN Photo)


WEST CARROLLTON, Ohio – Firefighters have not ruled an official cause for an overnight apartment fire, but say it started in the kitchen.

Crews were called to the complex on Gawain Circle around 1:30 Friday morning. They quickly knocked down the flames and kept the fire contained to the kitchen.

2 NEWS spoke to a resident who was evacuated. Jeff Hamilton credits his neighbor for alerting him to the fire. And he says it’s a reminder to always be aware of what’s happening around you.

“He told me he left some grease on the stove… You’ve just got to be careful man, you’ve got to pay attention. I advise him, [if you] don’t know how to cook, just leave it up to people who do know how to cook. Just leave it alone.”

The people who live in the affected unit were displaced for the night.

 

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s