West Carrollton fire started in kitchen


WEST CARROLLTON, Ohio – Firefighters have not ruled an official cause for an overnight apartment fire, but say it started in the kitchen.

Crews were called to the complex on Gawain Circle around 1:30 Friday morning. They quickly knocked down the flames and kept the fire contained to the kitchen.

2 NEWS spoke to a resident who was evacuated. Jeff Hamilton credits his neighbor for alerting him to the fire. And he says it’s a reminder to always be aware of what’s happening around you.

“He told me he left some grease on the stove… You’ve just got to be careful man, you’ve got to pay attention. I advise him, [if you] don’t know how to cook, just leave it up to people who do know how to cook. Just leave it alone.”

The people who live in the affected unit were displaced for the night.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus