Fire blazes through Dayton home

dayton fire tuttle ave

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton fire engines arrived to large flames at the 16 hundred block of Tuttle Avenue.

No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, but two pets were inside.

Unfortunately both dogs did not make it through.

Officials say the heavy smoke and toxins released most likely caused their death.

Preliminary inspection also show that there’s been extensive fire damage inside the one-story building.

“Preliminary investigation, we believe that we had a homeowner that.. the occupant that placed a combustible product up on the stove and inadvertently the burner was left on,” said Dayton Fire District Chief Joe Meyer.

Estimated damage to the home is at least $35,000.

The Red Cross was on the scene to assist this family.

2NEWS will continue to follow this investigation and bring you the latest.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s