AKRON, Ohio (AP) – A doctor says an Ohio infant burned by a neighbor’s fireworks is expected to make a full recovery.
The Akron Children’s Hospital has been treating the 4-month-old girl since Friday night for second-degree burns, mostly to her face and left hand.
Dr. John Crow, chairman of the hospital’s surgery department, said in a statement Tuesday that Au’Bre McCormick is in “fair condition and doing quite well.” He says she is expected to recover from the burns.
A neighbor of the Youngstown baby reportedly kicked over a lit tubular firework, which shot into the girl’s play seat on her porch. She was flown to the Akron hospital’s burn center.
The center treated six injuries related to bonfires and 16 related to fireworks during the holiday weekend.