DAYTON , Ohio (WDTN) – Two firefighters were injured at the scene of an apartment fire in Dayton Monday night.
Fire broke out at the Summit Square Townhouse apartments around 8:30.
Investigators told 2 News the fire started in the back of the complex and spread to the second floor.
Crews were able to quickly knock down the flames and keep them from spreading.
One injured firefighter was taken to Miami Valley Hospital. The other was treated at then scene.
Both suffered from heat exhaustion.
Unattended cooking was determined to be the cause.
At least two units were damaged to the point where they are uninhabitable.
The Red Cross has been called to assist.