DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Montgomery County property owners should be on the lookout for a notice about the new value of their home.
The county auditor announced Thursday that notices will be mailed out starting next week. There will be a chance to dispute the new value.
As we told you earlier this month, residential values in Montgomery County are down four percent from three years ago.
70 percent of property owners will see some sort of decrease in their property values.
40 percent will see a double digit percentage decrease. 38,000 will see a decline of more than 20 percent.
County officials call those numbers distressing.
“We know that when vacant properties are near other properties they hurt the values. That’s why we are seeing a lot of these values drop in the City of Dayton particularly,” said Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley. “We are proud of the work we have done with move Ohio Forward to take down vacant and abandoned properties as we continue to look for funds to make sure we can be aggressive as possible.”
Once you get your notice, you can dispute your revaluation during the month of August.
Call 937-853-5700 to set up an appointment for a review or visit the Montgomery County web site about revaluation on line.
A dozen locations have been set up as review sites. They are:
- Centerville Library – West Spring Valley Road, Centerville
- Dayton Boys Prep Academy – West Third Street, Dayton
- Englewood Government Center – West National Road, Englewood
- Germantown Public Library – North Plum Street, Germantown
- Huber Heights YMCA – Shull Road, Huber Heights
- IUE-CWA Local 755 Hall – Woodman Drive, Dayton
- Jefferson Township offices – Business Park Drive, Jefferson Township
- Kettering Recreation Center – Glengarry Drive, Kettering
- Miami Township Government Center – Lyons Road, Miamisburg
- Montgomery County Soil & Water – Amity Road, Perry Township
- New Lebanon Village offices – South Clayton, New Lebanon
- Omega Baptist Church – Emerson Avenue, Dayton
- Teamsters Local 957 Hall – Armstrong Lane, Harrison Township