DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A downtown Dayton building was evacuated just before 11:00 a.m. Thursday after the report of a gas leak.
The all clear was given around noon at the building at 405 West First Street near Perry Street.
Fire crews say two people who work in the building reported getting light headed after smelling the strange odor.
They are fine and were not transported to the hospital.
Crews investigated and found nothing harmful in the building. The fire chief says better safe than sorry.
“If you smell an unusual odor, get the business evacuated,” said Fire Chief Jeff Payne. “It’s a misnomer that people can smell something like carbon monoxide. You don’t. If you smell an odor, the only way to be sure, is to call 911 for help.”
About 10 people work in the business. There are two businesses inside. The building is back open.