Police investigate dog poisoning

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton police are investigating after a dog was poisoned.

Officers were called to a home in the 100 block of Sherman Street over the weekend.

According to a police report, the homeowner, Gene Mitchem, told officers that someone replaced the water in his 1-year-old pit bull’s bowl with antifreeze.

He told officers the dog appeared to be sick. The report says a vet suggested giving the dog milk and crackers to dilute the poison.

The dog is recovering.

Mitchem says he has no idea who would endanger his dog.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s