Smoke alarm saves family from fire

TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – Fire forced a family of four out of their home overnight.

Firefighters are crediting a smoke alarm for getting a family of four safely.

Fire broke out around 3:00 a.m. at a home in the 5000 block of Gardendale Avenue.

Crews say it appears the fire started when someone was cooking while the rest were asleep, but it is still under investigation.

Firefighters say one thing helped save the family’s lives.

“Smoke detectors are very important. The fire may have been small. The smoke detectors did alert the family
So every body was able to get out safely,” said Battalion Chief Rick Haacke, Trotwood Fire Department.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus