TROY, Ohio (WDTN) — A fire in Troy forces a family out of their home.
Firefighters were called to Brookfield Lane around 10 p.m. Friday.
Fire officials said the fire started as a chimney fire that spread to the attic. They said the fire was directly above the living room.
Officials said they were able to contain the flames to one room and put out the fire quickly.
The family had been able to get out of the home before fire crews arrived.
No injuries were reported.
Officials estimate damage at $50,000. The house is unlivable and the homeowners are staying with family.
The fire remains under investigation.