Fire in Troy forces family out of home

Fire sparks in home on Brookfield Lane (WDTN Photo/Jarod Thrush)

TROY, Ohio (WDTN) — A fire in Troy forces a family out of their home.

Firefighters were called to Brookfield Lane around 10 p.m. Friday.

Fire officials said the fire started as a chimney fire that spread to the attic. They said the fire was directly above the living room.

Officials said they were able to contain the flames to one room and put out the fire quickly.

The family had been able to get out of the home before fire crews arrived.

No injuries were reported.

Officials estimate damage at $50,000. The house is unlivable and the homeowners are staying with family.

The fire remains under investigation.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s