JEFFERSON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – A home needs major cleaning after the chimney caught fire.
Firefighters rushed to the 300 block of South Snyder Road late Wednesday night.
Fire crews say there was a major buildup of creosote in the chimney flue that led to trouble.
They recommend you always make sure your chimney is clean before you build a fire.
“This time of year, it’s always wise to, before you use your fireplace for the first time, have a professional come out and clean the thing for you or take care of that yourself,” said Larry Sexton, Jefferson Township Fire Department.
No one was hurt.