DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton fire crews are cleaning up after a gas leak. Vectren arrived on the scene and shut the gas off just after 3:00 p.m., about an hour after the incident began.
Fire crews say two houses were evacuated in the area of 2350 South Smithville Road.
The Immaculate Conception School was put on lock down, but has since re-opened. Parents were allowed to pick their children up from school.
Smithville Road was closed between Woodbine Avenue to Watervliet Avenue. It has since re-opened.
Investigators say a lawn mower struck a gas regulator causing the leak.
Repairs are now being made.