Cats’ nine lives came in handy in Piqua fire

Cats saved from Piqua house fire. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)
Cats saved from Piqua house fire. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)

[anvplayer video=”375043″ /

PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) – an electrical problem is being blamed by the owner of a home that caught fire in Piqua Wednesday morning.

There were no injuries at the two and a half story structure at 725 Adams St. The fire was reported as heavy smoke coming from the house.

Boyd Gregory had left home to get coffee and when he returned he saw the flames.

His wife escaped safely, but Gregory knew his 3 cats were still inside and tried to go inside to rescue them, but firefighters rescued 2, the other cat made its way outside.

Firefighters say never return to a burning building, it could be a fatal decision.

Boyd Gregory says he is unemployed because of a work related injury and he and his wife lost clothes in the fire and have no place to go.

To watch the video, click the arrow above this story.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s