Firefighters save cats from burning house

Cats saved from Piqua house fire. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)
Cats saved from Piqua house fire. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)

PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) – Piqua firefighters saved three cats from a burning home Wednesday morning.

Fire broke out in the rear of 725 Adams Street.

Cats saved from Piqua house fire.  (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)
Cats saved from Piqua house fire. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)

Firefighters say the homeowner went to get coffee, only to arrive home to smoke coming from his house.

The man’s wife made it out safely, but three cats were still inside.

Firefighters say the man was trying to save his cats when they arrived, but they made him stay outside.

Crews say you should never go back into a burning home. It could be a fatal decision.

Firefighters saved the cats.

The fire is being blamed on an electrical problem.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s