Fire blamed on faulty wood burning stove

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - Dayton firefighters had a smoky fire on their hands Friday morning. Crews arrived at 803 North Gettysburg Avenue around 8:30 a.m. to find smoke billowing from the back of a building. (Photo/Keisha R.)
DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - Dayton firefighters had a smoky fire on their hands Friday morning. Crews arrived at 803 North Gettysburg Avenue around 8:30 a.m. to find smoke billowing from the back of a building. (Photo/Keisha R.)

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton firefighters had a smoky fire on their hands Friday morning.

House fire on North Gettysburg Avenue in Dayton.  (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)
House fire on North Gettysburg Avenue in Dayton. (WDTN Photo/Kris Sproles)

Crews arrived at 803 North Gettysburg Avenue around 8:30 a.m. to find smoke billowing from the back of the house.

The homeowners say it was their ‘man cave’ that burned behind their home.

Two dogs were saved, but the status of the family’s cats are unknown.

Fire crews say the wood burning stove was not ventilated properly and it sat too close to combustible materials.

No one was hurt.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s