DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Radio Shack officially announced its bankruptcy.
The electronics store struck a deal Tuesday to sell about 2,400 of its 4,000 stores nationwide.
Sprint will also create a ‘store within a store’ concept in 1,750 stores. The remaining stores will close.
2 NEWS did some digging about the local stores closing. There are 77 Radio Shack stores in Ohio. Here is a list of local stores that will close:
- Dayton – 6228 Wilmington Pike (Sugarcreek Plaza)
- Dayton – 3504 Siebenthaler Avenue
- Kettering – Town & Country on Stroop Road
- Xenia – 162 Xenia Towne Square
- Beavercreek – Mall at Fairfield Commons
- Centerville – 1063 Main Street
- Springfield – Upper Valley Mall
- Piqua – East Ash Street
- Clayton – 7709 Hoke Road
- Bellefontaine – 2226 Main Street
- Miamisburg – 1252 East Central Avenue
- Wilmington – Wilmington Square
- Sidney – Michigan Avenue
- Hamilton – Shoppes at Indian Springs
Radio Shack is a 94 year old company in the United States. It began announcing store closings in March, but expenses have made the closing process a slow one.
Visit Radio Shack on line for a complete list of closings.