BUTLER TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – A suspected gas leak prompted an evacuation at a Butler Township daycare.
Fire crews were called to Grandma’s Child Development at 8711 North Dixie Drive around 9:00 a.m. Monday.
The owner called for help after smelling something strange. She thought the source might be from construction that was completed over the weekend.
It turned out that firefighters say there was a high level of carbon monoxide in the building. They say it was enough to make people feel sick.
One adult and three children were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
There were about 10 children and few other adults in the building at the time.
The daycare is now closed for the day.
Our Natalie Tendall is digging into whether daycares like Grandma’s Child Development have any requirements to install carbon monoxide detectors. She’ll also let you know what she found out about the Butler Township center’s latest inspection. All this on FIVE on 2 at 5.