DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — Sinclair Community College is celebrating its graduates and the impact they have on the Dayton region.
The commencement ceremony begins at 6 p.m. Sunday at UD Arena, with 3,051 students receiving diplomas.
According to the college, this graduating class will have a $235 million impact in increased earnings on the Dayton region over the next decade.
There are several distinguishing features of Sinclair’s 2015 class:
- This graduating class has the highest number and percentage of minorities graduating in the last ten years.
- This graduating class has the highest number and percentage of tech prep students graduating in the last ten years.
- Five students will earn an associate degree and a high school diploma in the same year.
- Two students over the age of 70 will earn a credential today.
- 110 veterans will earn a credential from Sinclair as a part of this year’s class.
- 35 students will earn a 4.0 GPA.
- 11 families will celebrate the graduation of more than one family member earning a degree.
- The top degrees earned by this year’s graduating class are: Nursing, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, and Visual Communications.
Sinclair is one of the oldest and best known community colleges in the nation founded in 1887. It offers more than 220 accredited degrees and certificates.