SANDUSKY, Ohio (WDTN) – Cedar Point is ready to open for the 2015 season.
The doors swing open at the amusement park Saturday, May 9.
A new roller coaster is the hot attraction this year. The Rougarou is a floorless coaster towering 14 stories above the midway. Riders will be flipped upside down four times at speeds up to 60 miles per hour.
Rougarou is not the only reason to visit Cedar Point this year. Here are seven more reasons to head north this summer:
- Sweet Spot – This new candy shop, located next to the Pagoda Gift Shop, features fresh fudge, caramel apples and other mouth-watering treats. Large front windows along the Main Midway allow guests to watch the candy-making process.
- Quaker Steak & Lube® – Located adjacent to Castaway Bay, this award-winning casual-dining franchise is known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces that come in a full range of flavors from Louisiana Lickers to Triple Atomic.
- Lakeside Pavilion – Groups visiting Cedar Point in 2015 have the option to have their meal or event in the new Lakeside Pavilion and Dining Room! Nestled along the Cedar Point boardwalk with panoramic views of Lake Erie, this newly-renovated area features covered meeting space for groups of all sizes.
- Rouga-food – Rougarou feeds on screams and now you can feed on ice cream with a new Rougarou-inspired flavor at the Toft’s Ice Cream Parlor. You can also enjoy an ice-cold Rougabrew, a new craft brew made exclusively for Cedar Point, or go non-alcoholic with an exclusive RougaCool beverage at the park’s Coca-Cola Freestyle machines!
- Classic Rides in New Locations -Tiki Twirl, the park’s former Calypso spinning ride, has been relocated to the Wicked Twister Midway and renamed as a nod to a former ride at the park; Joe Cool’s Dodgem School, the kid-friendly former Krazy Kars kiddie bumper cars, is now a part of Planet Snoopy; and Dodgem, Cedar Point’s popular bumper cars ride, has a new home near the maXair thrill ride.
- That’s Entertainment! – Several new shows and performances are sure to get your toes tapping and your hands clapping this summer, including “Bandstand USA,” a Blues and Motown revue at the Jack Aldrich Theatre, “Luminosity: Ignite the Night,” the popular nighttime celebration featuring all-new live music, pyrotechnics, dancers, aerialists, musicians and more, and the Toes In The Sand Band, performing at select times on the Cedar Point Beach near Hotel Breakers.
- Who’s Hungry? – A trip to Cedar Point is sure to work up an appetite, and these new options are sure to quench even the hungriest of guests! A new Coca-Cola Freestyle location and Freestyle Truck provides thirsty guests the ability to create more than 100 of their own drink combinations. The new Coke Fountain & Floats in Frontiertown is a 20s-themed parlor located that features soft-serve and hand-dipped Toft’s Ice Cream while next door in the Chuck Wagon restaurant, guests can enjoy a new menu with built-to-order tacos, burritos and other mouth-watering food options. Park-goes can try a new BeaverTail, a whole-wheat funnel cake that is sure to become a new midway favorite.
Visit Cedar Point on line for more information.