URBANA, Ohio (WDTN) – Champaign County deputies say a 3-year-old alerted her family to her mother’s overdose.
They say the girl made her way to her great grandfather’s home Monday morning and told him “her mommy died”.
The girl and her mother live in the rear of the same house as the grandfather at 13531 Speaks Road.
The family found Mary Dulen, 28, passed out on the bathroom floor and called for medics.
Deputies say Dulen admitted to medics that she injected heroin.
She is now charged with inducing panic, possessing drug materials, heroin possession and child endangerment.