SPRINGBORO, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Children’s Hospital is planning a major expansion at its Springboro campus.
It will build a new ambulatory destination center at its current location on Springboro Pike just across from the Wright Brothers’ Airport and south of Austin Landing.
The expansion includes:
- 115,100 square feet total, which is an additional 95,000 square feet added to the campus
- A medical office building for pediatric specialists and primary care physicians
- A 16-room pediatric emergency department
- An outpatient surgery center with four operating rooms
- The hospital says there is a growing need for services in our southern communities.
- The new center will provide families with a wider range of pediatric care.
“We are listening to our patient families who consistently tell us they want more services closer to home,” says Deborah A. Feldman, president and CEO. “Expanding our Springboro campus will provide the world-class pediatric care for children that they deserve, right in their backyard. It is all part of our Destination 2020 plan to advance our role as the leader in children’s health.”
Construction will happen over a two year time period with new services implemented as time progresses.
The emergency department is expected to open first in about 18 months.
The expansion plan has a price tag of $47.5 million.
The current Springboro Outpatient Care Center currently offers services such as pathology, X-rays, MRIs and C-Scans as well as an urgent care office.