Stove fire causes heavy damage

Fire on Needmore Rd. (WDTN photo)

HARRISON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – Firefighters say an overnight fire serves as an important reminder to never leave cooking food unattended.

Fire crews were called to a home in the 2000 block of Needmore Rd. around 12:30 a.m.

The man who lives there told firefighters he had been cooking something on the stove and left the house to run an errand. When he returned, the house was on fire.

No one was hurt.

Fire Chief Mark Lynch says it’s something he sees far to often. He estimates kitchen fires account for about 75 percent of the department’s calls.

“Never leave the stove cooking whenever you leave the house,” he said.

Chief Lynch estimates the damages at about $10,000.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s