CLEVELAND, Ohio (WDTN) – The first GOP debate is set for Thursday evening in Cleveland. Ohio Governor John Kasich is among the ten Republicans that will debate live during prime time.
Here is everything you need to know to watch:
Fox News has selected the 10 Republican presidential candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 presidential campaign.
The two-hour debate is scheduled for 9 p.m. EDT Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, with a televised forum for the seven candidates not selected beginning at 5 p.m. EDT.
9:00 p.m. debate candidates:
1. Businessman Donald Trump
2. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush
3. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
4. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
5. Retired surgeon Ben Carson
6. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz
7. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio
8. Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul
9. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
10. Ohio Gov. John Kasich
5:00 p.m. forum candidates:
- Former technology executive Carly Fiorina
- Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal
- South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum
- Former New York Gov. George Pataki
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore
Fox sorted the candidates based on the average of the five most recent national opinion polls performed prior to a deadline of 5:00 p.m. Tuesday by nationally recognized organizations that are not affiliated with a party or a candidate.
The network used polls from CBS News, Fox News, Bloomberg, Monmouth University and Quinnipiac University.
WDTN.com will stream the debate live. 2 NEWS will have a crew in Cleveland for the debate. Our Katie Ussin will have complete coverage beginning at 5 on FIVE on 2.