COLUMBUS, Ohio (WDTN) – The State of Ohio is launching a new campaign aimed at problem gamblers.
The new initiative is designed to prevent problematic gambling and make sure people have the resources and information they need to get help.
“The state has a key role in providing information and tools to help Ohioans live healthy, productive lives,” said Tracy Plouck, director Ohio MHAS. “This new campaign makes tips on low-risk gambling and resources for anyone affected by problem gambling, easy-to-use and accessible.”
The campaign offers these tips to keep your gambling under control:
- Set limits on time and money spent on gambling
- Gamble only with money set aside for entertainment
- Balance gambling with other healthy recreational activities
- Don’t chase your gambling losses
- Realize that know more won’t help you win a game of chance
- Never gamble when depressed, stressed or under the influence
Visit The 95percent website to learn more. You can also call 1-800-589-9966 if you think you have a gambling problem.