Unattended cooking sparks house fire

The first call for help came in around 2:10 at a home in 2600 block of Hancock Avenue. (WDTN Photo/Bear Everett)

HARRISON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – Firefighters believe cooking that was left unattended sparked a house fire in Harrison Township early Thursday morning.

The first call for help came in around 2:10 at a home in 2600 block of Hancock Avenue.

Investigators say it appears a woman was making french fries when she fell asleep.

Crews say fire was showing when they arrived and mutual aid from Clayton was called to help extinguish the flames.

The woman and four children made it out safely.

The Red Cross was called to provide the family with clothing and a place to stay but the house is not considered a total loss.

“Everybody got out. That’s a good thing this morning. That’s the most important thing. Everything else can be replaced,” said Chief Mark Lynch of the Harrison Township fire department.

 

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s