Candles may have started house fire

A fire breaks out at a home in Miami Township.

MIAMI TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – A homeowner says candles may be to blame for a fire in her home Monday night in Miami Township.

It happened around 9 o’clock in the 7200 block of Farmington Road.

Though fire crews are still investigating exactly what happened, she tells 2 NEWS she was burning candles before the fire because of a power outage in her area.

Crews were able to quickly put out the flames and there were no reported injuries.

No other information is currently available.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s