Grease fire sparks in New Paris home

WDTN Photo

NEW PARIS, Ohio (WDTN) — A homeowner escapes uninjured after a grease fire sparked in his New Paris home.

Flames broke out around 2 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Kristine Street near Cedar Springs Road.

Multiple fire departments were called to the scene.

Officials said there was a man inside who was cooking in the kitchen and left grease on the stove, causing the fire.

Crews were concerned while battling the flames because the man was on oxygen and there were multiple oxygen tanks inside.

The homeowner was able to get out safely and was not hurt, however several pet birds died in the fire.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s