Firefighters called to home for chimney fire

WDTN Photo

MIAMISBURG, Ohio (WDTN) — Firefighters were called to a home for a chimney fire Saturday afternoon.

It happened in the 400 block of Mound Avenue before 3 p.m.

Fire officials said the chimney caught fire near a wood burning fireplace. When they arrived, they said heavy white smoke was coming from the chimney.

The homeowner tried to put out the fire before firefighters arrived but was unsuccessful.

Firefighters said the fire sparked due to build up and a lack of maintenance of the chimney. Officials had to dismantle the flue to get the fire out.

The damage was contained to the chimney and the home is still livable.

No one was hurt. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s