MIAMISBURG, Ohio (WDTN) — Firefighters were called to a home for a chimney fire Saturday afternoon.
It happened in the 400 block of Mound Avenue before 3 p.m.
Fire officials said the chimney caught fire near a wood burning fireplace. When they arrived, they said heavy white smoke was coming from the chimney.
The homeowner tried to put out the fire before firefighters arrived but was unsuccessful.
Firefighters said the fire sparked due to build up and a lack of maintenance of the chimney. Officials had to dismantle the flue to get the fire out.
The damage was contained to the chimney and the home is still livable.
No one was hurt.