DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A fire is extinguished Friday evening after it was reported in the 44-hundred block of Catalpa Drive in Dayton.
The call came in just after 10 p.m. Friday.
Fire officials say the fire was visible from the front door of the residence. After an aggressive attack, the flames were extinguished.
They say a family of five was in the home at the time of the fire and no major injuries were reported. A 13 year old suffered a cut and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital.
Officials believe the fire may have started after a candle fell onto the couch, which caused the flames to spread to the basement. The damage is estimated between $40 – $50,000.
The Red Cross has been called to help the family.