Red Cross called after house fire

A house fire is now extinguished on Catalpa Drive in Dayton (WDTN Photo/Justin Kraus).

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A fire is extinguished Friday evening after it was reported in the 44-hundred block of Catalpa Drive in Dayton.

The call came in just after 10 p.m. Friday.

Fire officials say the fire was visible from the front door of the residence. After an aggressive attack, the flames were extinguished.

They say a family of five was in the home at the time of the fire and no major injuries were reported. A 13 year old suffered a cut and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital.

Officials believe the fire may have started after a candle fell onto the couch, which caused the flames to spread to the basement. The damage is estimated between $40 – $50,000.

The Red Cross has been called to help the family.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s