Crews called to shopping center for transformer fire

Photo Courtesy: Rebecca Jones

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) — Crews were called to the Centerville Place Shopping Center after a transformer caught fire.

It happened after noon Saturday at the shopping plaza located at 1035 South Main Street.

WDTN Photo/AJ Turner
WDTN Photo/AJ Turner
Witnesses said a transformer attached to the old Kroger building started sparking.

Witnesses reported seeing dark smoke coming from the back of the building near an electrical area.

Firefighters were called to the scene to get the sparks and smoke under control.

No injuries were reported. No word on the amount of damage. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s