WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) — Crews were called to the Centerville Place Shopping Center after a transformer caught fire.
It happened after noon Saturday at the shopping plaza located at 1035 South Main Street.
Witnesses said a transformer attached to the old Kroger building started sparking.
Witnesses reported seeing dark smoke coming from the back of the building near an electrical area.
Firefighters were called to the scene to get the sparks and smoke under control.
No injuries were reported. No word on the amount of damage.