DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Fire crews were called to North Garfield Street in Dayton Wednesday morning.
When they got to 18 N. Garfield Dr. they found fire in smoke near the residence.
Fire personnel found the fire was caused by a fire pit that had been left unattended. The fire was in the back of the house and caused about $9000 in damage to the structure.
It is unclear if the fire was left from Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. It is also unclear how many people were
No one was injured in the fire.
The Red Cross has been called to help the residents because the house is uninhabitable.
Fire Officials warn that outdoor fires can be dangerous and should not be left unattended.