Crews respond to fire outside Dayton home

DFD says a fire at this Garfield St. home started from an unattended fire pit. (WDTN Photo/Josh Ames)
DFD says a fire at this Garfield St. home started from an unattended fire pit. (WDTN Photo/Josh Ames)

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) –  Dayton Fire crews were called to North Garfield Street in Dayton Wednesday morning.

When they got to 18 N. Garfield Dr. they found fire in smoke near the residence.

Fire personnel found the fire was caused by a fire pit that had been left unattended. The fire was in the back of the house and caused about $9000 in damage to the structure.

It is unclear if the fire was left from Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. It is also unclear how many people were

No one was injured in the fire.

The Red Cross has been called to help the residents because the house is uninhabitable.

Fire Officials warn that outdoor fires can be dangerous and should not be left unattended.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s