Kitchen stove to blame for Kettering house fire

No one injured as firefighters control blaze quickly.

KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) – Investigators say a stove was to blame for an early-morning fire.

Fire crews in Kettering control an early-morning house fire on Thursday, May 12, 2016.
Fire crews in Kettering control an early-morning house fire on Thursday, May 12, 2016.

The small kitchen fire started just before 1 a.m. on Thursday in the 2100 block of Willowgrove Avenue in Kettering.

Investigators say someone in the apartment building was frying chicken and forgot to turn the stove off before going to bed.

Firefighters were able to knock that fire down quickly.

The resident of that apartment had to stay elsewhere overnight.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s