WAVERLY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Ohio Attorney General’s Office said Thursday the homes involved in the April shootings that claimed eight members of the same family.
Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said that the homes where eight members of the Rhoden family were murdered last month are being relocated to preserve the crime scenes.
The work to move the four mobile homes, which has been authorized by the court, began Thursday afternoon, and the entire process to relocate all four scenes is expected to take several days.
The homes will be transported to a secure location at the investigation command center in Waverly.
The decision to move the homes was made in order to preserve the crime scenes in the conditions in which they were found in an effort to assist with the ongoing investigation and anticipated prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the mass murders.
Anyone with information and/or video that could assist with the ongoing investigation is asked to contact investigators at 855-BCI-OHIO (224-6446) or 740-947-2111.