JACKSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – Multiple agencies are responding to a structure fire in Jackson Township Tuesday.
Crews were called to the area of 10500 Mile Road. There, a barn, or detached garage burned nearly to the ground.
Fire crews say the homeowner was outside burning a pile of leaves outside — too close to the structure when the wind picked up the flames.
Crews say 15 gallons of gasoline were inside the garage when it caught fire, fueling it further.
Crews tell 2 NEWS that the blaze “looked like a petroleum fire” when they got on scene. There are no reported injuries.
A nearby home was also damaged in the blaze. The road is closed in both directions to traffic.
The structure sustained about $25,000 in damages. Dayton Power and Light is also responding to the scene to assist with a downed power line.
2 NEWS has a crew on scene and is working to learn more about this incident.