Witnesses: Stove left on causes heavy smoke

A stove that was left on causes heavy smoke Tuesday (WDTN Photo/ Mike Burianek).

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Witnesses tell 2 NEWS that a stove left on caused heavy smoke in a Dayton apartment complex Tuesday.

The call came in just before 4 p.m. near the area of Greenwald and Jordan Avenues.

Neighbors tell 2 NEWS that a man with mental health issues lives at the apartment and accidentally burnt whatever he was cooking. The entire apartment was evacuated.

The victim reportedly left his apartment to tell a neighbor — who call 911. His apartment sustained heavy smoke damage.

2 NEWS was first on scene to speak with neighbors who say everyone was able to get out of the apartment safely.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s