BOSTON, Ma. (WBAY) – Summer vacation is here and it’s a time for the kids to let loose and have some fun.
However, one organization is warning parents about “Summer Safety Traps” that can cause serious injuries to children.
The World Against Toys Causing Harm or W.A.T.C.H. says toy guns and airborne toys top this summer’s list of hazards.
They can cause eye and face injuries.
The other big safety trap is water and the potential for drowning.
Here’s W.A.T.C.H.’s list of Summer Safety Traps. Click here for more information on each hazard.
1. Toy guns with projectile ammunition
2. Airborne toys (toy helicopters, boomerangs)
4. Shallow backyard water (baby pools and garden buckets)
5. Floatation devices (Water wings, rafts)
6. Pool covers
7. Bounce houses and backyard trampolines
8. Non-motorized scooters
9. Drawstrings and bicycle helmet straps
10. Toys with small parts