COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) – Police say a preliminary investigation has determined that a Texas A&M University student found unresponsive at a fraternity house died of a drug overdose.
College Station police said in a statement that the unidentified 19-year-old was found early Saturday at the Sigma Nu fraternity. The student, who was a member of the fraternity, was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Investigators say it’s not clear what drug the student ingested.
Police determined other drugs were in the house and four young men, ages 18 to 21, were arrested for possession: Michael Frymire, 20; Ty Robertson, 21; Samuel Patterson, 21; and Christian Sandford, 18. Others were cited for having drug paraphernalia.
The fraternity’s national office issued a statement saying Sigma Nu will assist authorities with the investigation.