WARREN, OH (WKBN) – Police said an Ohio woman who was revived after overdosing in a Dollar General parking lot Thursday overdosed two days later at the Riverview Motel in Warren.
Sonya Frantz, 31, and Jon Baritell, 44, were charged with possession of a controlled substance and child endangering after police found them passed out in the parking lot of the Dollar General in Niles. A child in their care reported that they had passed out to an employee at the store.
Multiple doses of Narcan, an opioid-reversal drug, were given until Frantz and Baritell recovered, according to a police report. Police said Baritell admitted that the two had used heroin.
The child was taken into emergency custody by Children Services.
Two days later, police were called to the Riverview Motel in Warren to revive Frantz, who police said was lying in the shower, turning blue and barely breathing. Seven doses of Narcan were administered before Frantz regained consciousness, and she was taken to Trumbull Memorial Hospital.
Baritell, who was also at the motel, was taken to Trumbull County Jail on a warrant for failing to pay fines for a prior seat belt violation.