DAYTON, Ohio – The University of Dayton (3-2, 1-1 PFL) beat Drake (2-3, 1-1) 35-10 on Saturday afternoon at Welcome Stadium. The Flyers defense had a strong showing, only giving up 10 points, and quarterback Alex Jeske ran for two touchdowns. Tailback Tucker Yinger returned to the starting lineup in a big way, gaining 172 yards.
• Alex Jeske scored the game’s first touchdown on a 48-yard run.
• Jeske would also connect on a 42-yard touchdown pass to Jack Euritt late in the first quarter giving the Flyers a 14-0 lead.
• Jeske would also have a five-yard touchdown run in the 2nd quarter to put the Flyers up 21-0.
• The Bulldogs would get on the board with a 27-yard field goal from Josh Lee right before the half.
• Jared Ruffing added a one-yard touchdown to put Dayton up 28-3.
• Drake’s Grant Kraemer would connect with Zach Zlabis on a 13-yard touchdown pass to make the score 28-10.
• Dayton would get the final score of the day on a five-yard run from Jared Ruffing.
• Tailback Tucker Yinger and quarterback Alex Jeske accounted for 264 of UD’s 323 yards rushing. Yinger carried the ball 21 times for 172 yards (8.2 avg.) and Jeske needed just eight rushes to total 92 yards (11.5 avg.).
• Jeske was also 7-for15 for 126 yards in the air.
- Adam Trautman had four receptions for 38 yards, Jack Euritt had one for 42 yards, J.P. Forcucci added one for 39 and Ian Palin one for seven.
• Dayton held the Bulldogs to 110 yards rushing on 41 carries.
• The defense would give up 247 passing yards, but would also come up with an interception and only give up 10 points.
• The Flyers sacked the Bulldogs four times this afternoon.
• Christopher Beaschler led the Flyer defense with 12 tackles and a sack. Chris Hagan added 11 hits.
- Jack Crain had nine hits (6 solo) with a tackle for a loss, pass broken up and quarterback hurry.
- David Leisring also had nine tackles (5 solo), two PBU and an interception.NOTES
• Dayton has now scored in an NCAA-all-division record 448 straight games.
• UD leads the all-time series 24-8.
• The Flyers broke a Drake three-game winning streak in the series.
- Saturday was Yinger’s first start since the season opener. He was injured in the first half of that Central State game, missed the next two, and played but did not start at San Diego.
- The interception was Leisring’s fourth of the year. He went into the game second in FCS football in interceptions per game.
• UD’s next home game is on Saturday, Oct. 8 against Morehead State.
• Game time is set for 1 p.n. ET at Welcome Stadium
- It will be Dayton’s annual “Pink” game for Breast Cancer Awareness.