Darke Co. woman calls 911 after nephew found barely conscious at home

GREENVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – A Greenville woman called 911 after she found her nephew barely conscious inside a home Tuesday.

It happened just after noon in the 3700 block of Hickory Lane — in the Wayne Lakes neighborhood.

She told dispatchers that she was outside smoking and talking to her neighbor for about 10 minutes. When she came back inside her home, she found her 4-year-old nephew laying on the bathroom floor, partially clothed. She told dispatchers that she believed he may have fallen while trying to use the restroom.

As crews arrived on scene, they noted that high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside, according to The Early Bird.

She reported that the boy had trouble keeping his eyes open, didn’t recognize her at first was struggling to stay awake, and other symptoms.

The 4-year-old and another child were transported to the Tri-Village Rescue station to then be airlifted via CareFlight to Dayton Children’s Hospital. The woman was taken to Wayne HealthCare in Greenville to be treated for the illness, according to The Early Bird. Their conditions are unknown at this time.

It’s believed that they were exposed to carbon monoxide at their home.

2 NEWS will update this story with more information as it becomes available.

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s