GREENVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – A Greenville woman called 911 after she found her nephew barely conscious inside a home Tuesday.
It happened just after noon in the 3700 block of Hickory Lane — in the Wayne Lakes neighborhood.
She told dispatchers that she was outside smoking and talking to her neighbor for about 10 minutes. When she came back inside her home, she found her 4-year-old nephew laying on the bathroom floor, partially clothed. She told dispatchers that she believed he may have fallen while trying to use the restroom.
As crews arrived on scene, they noted that high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside, according to The Early Bird.
She reported that the boy had trouble keeping his eyes open, didn’t recognize her at first was struggling to stay awake, and other symptoms.
The 4-year-old and another child were transported to the Tri-Village Rescue station to then be airlifted via CareFlight to Dayton Children’s Hospital. The woman was taken to Wayne HealthCare in Greenville to be treated for the illness, according to The Early Bird. Their conditions are unknown at this time.
It’s believed that they were exposed to carbon monoxide at their home.
2 NEWS will update this story with more information as it becomes available.