‘Apprentice’ producer says he can’t release tape

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump answers a question during the presidential debate with Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., Monday, Sept. 26, 2016. (AP Photo/David Goldman)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The executive producer of “The Apprentice” says he doesn’t have the right to release footage from the reality TV show once hosted by Donald Trump.

MGM, which owns executive producer Mark Burnett’s production company, also says it cannot legally release the footage.

Neither Burnett nor MGM immediately responded to questions Monday seeking details about the specific requirements they say block them from releasing the footage.

The Associated Press previously had asked Burnett to provide the original “The Apprentice” footage for review earlier this year, and renewed calls last week.

The statement issued Monday comes on the heels of an AP story published last week concerning allegations by cast and crew that the Republican presidential nominee frequently used lewd and sexist language while shooting the show.

 

 

WDTN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s